[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R15B02 has been released

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Wed Sep 5 14:03:25 CEST 2012

I have a question about OTP-9743:

     OTP-9743  A new sys level configuration parameter {excl_lib,otp_root}
	      is added. When this is set, the target system will not
	      contain anything from $OTP_ROOT. It will only contain a
	      releases directory with rel, script and boot files, and a lib
	      directory with applications found outside of $OTP_ROOT (i.e.
	      "your own" applications).

I'm not sure I understand it. Is this in place to allow people to make
restrictive releases without a restrictive {incl_cond, ...} system-wide
option (and then having {incl_cond, ...} overload it at an app level?)

Does that end up giving users releases that have no stdlib or kernel
with them?