[erlang-questions] Maximum number of children for simple_one_for_one supervisor?

Son Tran-Nguyen esente@REDACTED
Tue Sep 4 15:42:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm experimenting with a gen_event system where there is a supervisor to
spawn
lots of event managers. Each event manager can be added different
combinations
of handlers.

My question is how many event managers can the supervisor manage? My goal
may
get to million of children. I see that I can create millions of processes,
but
not sure whether the supervisor can manage it effectively.

Or is it a completely stupid idea to have a supervisor that big?

Sincerely,

Son Tran-Nguyen