[erlang-questions] [ANN] EGTM: embedded ACID compliant NoSQL engine for Erlang

Max Bourinov bourinov@REDACTED
Tue Sep 4 09:32:48 CEST 2012

Hi Tomas,

Great news indeed.

Before I dive into it, could you please tell me:

   - What is a main advantages compare to traditional RDBMS?
   - For what kind of data it is good? Is it good for keeping log entries
   or I better use traditional RDBMS (say PostgreSQL)?

I am trying to understand how I can use IDEA EGTM in my projects. So far we
live with PostgreSQL. It is very good (as we all know), but there are some
natural limitations when I use it for Erlang - just because it is general
purpose DB.

Tomas, could you just gime me some ideas where and how IDEA EGTM will kick
the a**?

I think IDEA EGTM will perfectly match my needs, because at the very bottom
my app. business logic is very similar to what banks do.

p.s. I have found all docs and they looks superior. So, I see that IDEA
EGTM is pretty well kept software.

Best regards,
Max