[erlang-questions] Configuration file pointing to other configuration files

Matthieu Vachon matthieu.ouellette-vachon@REDACTED
Mon Oct 29 16:53:51 CET 2012

Hi Slava,

Thanks for trying and setuping a github repo.

Indeed, I tried with your code and it worked as expected without any
problem. This seemed rather strange since I had tried many different
combinations.

 From my findings, it seems that the main configuration must be named
`sys.config` unless what, it will spit out the error message. To
reproduce, rename `sys.config` to `app.config` and restart erlang vm
with `erl -config app`. When doing so, I get my error message:

     {"could not start kernel pid",application_controller,"invalid
config data: invalid application name:  \"custom\""}

So, having a file named with a different name then `sys.config` will
prevent erlang from reading other referenced configuration files.

Don't know if I should do something more about this like asking for
feature request. Anyhow, thank you for solving this problem

Regards,
Matt