[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Pierpaolo Bernardi olopierpa@REDACTED
Fri Oct 26 10:12:31 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:32 AM, Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 22/10/2012, at 11:45 PM, Yurii Rashkovskii wrote:
>
>> Also, consider this: there are characters that look the same but encoded differently.
>
> You did read the part of the proposal that said to normalise?

I think Yurii meant cases like latin 'a' and cyrillic 'а', for example.

They are certainly a problem. But mixing scripts in this way can only
be done maliciously.  In normal cases is clear from context which
script is being used.

Also, we already have a similar problem without leaving ASCII:  in
many fonts, I and l are indistinguishable...

Пoкa
P.