[erlang-questions] detection of hostname

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Wed Oct 24 15:05:19 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Raimo Niskanen
<raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:
>> "You will likely have problems if you plan to use distributed Erlang
>> (which includes emacs+distel or erlide). Here is a list of detected
>> issues and some possible solutions. Since every network is different,
>> only your administrator can be sure which one will work. If you are
>> the administrator, try them one at a time until it works".
>
> That is a good paragraph. I would suggest changing the last line
> to not insult anybody's intelligence into something like:
>   the administrator, use them as guidelines".
> and let the reader resort to trying in the blind by him/herself.

You're right. I meant "if you are managing your own machine but are
not a network administrator professional" or something like that :-)

regards,
vlad