[erlang-questions] Turning rebar into a package manager

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 22:39:41 CEST 2012

On 10/23/2012 10:36 PM, Yurii Rashkovskii wrote:

>      > http://expm.co/ solves server side part. expm may add a plugin for
>      > rebar to add "search" command. The slight problem with rebar is that
>      > it is mostly used as a local per-repo binary, not as a global one.
>
>     It doesn't solve the server side part. The package information
>     available
>     is for the most part entirely useless when you are looking for
>     packages.
>     It does the strict minimum for this purpose: small one-line description
>     + keyword list. Plus you have to leave the package list and scroll down
>     to find the github link where the useful information can be found. It's
>     trying to do packages, when what I need is an index of projects. The
>     index page there with a github/project homepage link instead of an
>     internal link on the name would do wonders.
>

> All fair points. However, not all projects would have GitHub
> repositories. I guess what I can do is: in addition to the internal
> link, show the homepage link if specified, otherwise github if
> specified, otherwise nothing. Would that make sense?

homepage|'scm repo page' exclusively, projects with neither of these
likely don't exist. :)

Was just discussing with Jose that it would be good to also add links to
documentation pages when they exist.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy