[erlang-questions] detection of hostname

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 22:07:04 CEST 2012

Hello,

You have two options:

1. You are using FQDN for node name and relies on DNS. If you do not have DNS infra then like you notice /etc/hosts will help you on Unix/Linux, on Win an equivalent should exist.

2. You are using IP address.

- Dmitry