[erlang-questions] [erlang-bugs] xmerl and unicode data

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 16:58:27 CEST 2012

It isn't weird. It is an iolist, a nested list of bytes and binaries,
not a list of characters. As the encoding of an XML document can only
be known by actually reading it, why should the input have some predefined
charset embedded in its type?

Regards,

--
Anthony Ramine