[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 15:56:10 CEST 2012

On 10/22/2012 03:49 PM, Ulf Wiger wrote:
> I assume the translation is faulty. As someone who doesn't speak
> Hungarian, I think my understanding would be helped even if the
> author tried writing the comment in broken English.

Sure, it works as long as people can use English, even broken.

But there's a huge number of people who can't. Look at where Erlang is
the most recognized in the world: English speaking countries or
countries where people are good at English. The rest of the world? Not
so much.

If you want to push Erlang to the rest of the world, you need to make it
accessible to them.

This proposal helps doing that. Another big step would be documentation
translation, something which I'm hoping to overtake next year for
French. Hopefully other languages will follow.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy