[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 12:53:02 CEST 2012

Let's take an example.

game:start(PlayerName).

ゲーム:初め(_プレイヤの名前).

Again, like I said on Twitter, if you don't speak any English, that's
better than doing:

geemu:hajime(PureiyaNoNamae).

In both case you English speaker wouldn't understand it.

That's actually quite nice for Japanese since you could have very
precise names in just a few characters. I assume it's the same in
Chinese (and actually probably more so).

On 10/22/2012 12:40 PM, Yurii Rashkovskii wrote:
> Imagine you don't know any English. Would writing code this way help you
> in any way: mwi34frrc:ehfeiurvhsdsdcd(VariableNameIUnderstand) ?
>
> Yurii.
>
> On Monday, October 22, 2012 3:36:20 AM UTC-7, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
>
>     On 10/22/2012 08:00 AM, Anthony Ramine wrote:
>      > Also non-latin users who don't know English should be able to use
>      > atoms and variables they understand.
>
>     Can't stress this enough.
>
>     --
>     Loïc Hoguin