[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

Dmitry Belyaev be.dmitry@REDACTED
Fri Oct 19 14:04:14 CEST 2012

What is the point in the experiment if not to allow people use it?

I see pmods as a way to handle whole abstraction as one object in the language.

For example, in cowboy it is required to store socket and the appropriate protocol module. 2 objects that cannot work with some another protocol.
Other libraries create its own absractions to handle the socket as some abstract socket that encapsulates underlying protocol like lhttpc_sock, ejabberd_socket and I suppose a lot more.

And pmods might become a standard way to handle such cases.

--
Dmitry Belyaev

On 19.10.2012, at 14:58, Robert Virding wrote:

> [...]
>>> claim. It protects both the project and its users from bad