[erlang-questions] one question about BIF link

Konstantin Tcepliaev f355@REDACTED
Wed Oct 17 09:34:40 CEST 2012

Hello.

You cannot use link/1 with registered process name, either local or remote, as it accepts only PIDs and ports.
It is also very likely that you don't need your remote process to exit when your local process fails.
So use erlang:monitor/2 instead.

Alternatively, you may send the local PID to remote process somehow and establish a link there, or use rpc:call/4 and erlang:whereis/1, if you need bi-directional link.

Cheers,
--
Konstantin