[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Tue Oct 16 16:36:05 CEST 2012

Additional question regarding column numbers and future UTF8 support:
will the column number be based on byte length, grapheme clusters (what
I would usually use when typing text in a module), include combining
characters?

I think we've had many discussions regarding how difficult the idea of a
length or position in a string can be to figure out -- and I know the
unicode consortium makes its own recommendation there. I'm just curious
which is going to be followed.