[erlang-questions] +swt very_low doesn't seem to avoid schedulers getting

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Tue Oct 16 13:08:12 CEST 2012

Rickard,

Maybe you can offer some insight into a problem I'm having.  I have
a linked in driver which uses port level blocking with many ports.
The driver uses driver_set_timer() to wake up in so many milliseconds
(e.g. 10ms) to do a small amount of work in it's timeout() callback.
What we see is that despite a low CPU usage and multiple schedulers
often the timeout will be called quite late (e.g. 10-20ms late).

I have spent quite a bit of time looking at the implementation of the
schedulers but am not sure what's going on.  I am beginning to think
the shceduler is going off to do aux work.

We've tried changing +swt without effect.  What do you think?