[erlang-questions] ets:select badarg question (R15B)

Matthew Evans mattevans123@REDACTED
Mon Oct 15 17:09:18 CEST 2012

I'll rephrase that. This is my concern from the ets documentation for safe_fixtable/2:
Note that no deleted objects are actually removed from a fixed table until it has been released. If a process fixes a table but never releases it, the memory used by the deleted objects will never be freed. The performance of operations on the table will also degrade significantly.

Is there a potential problem on having a safe_fixtable "active" for long periods of time on a table having lots of inserts and deletes?
Thanks