[erlang-questions] [ANN] wpi - Controlling the Raspberry Pi using Erlang

Klas Johansson klas.johansson@REDACTED
Tue Oct 9 22:40:19 CEST 2012

Hi Tony,

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Tony Rogvall <tony@REDACTED> wrote:
> Thanks!

:-)

> Note that serialGetchar (wiringSerial) will block for (up to) 10s if no
> character is available.
> (From function header documentation)
>
> And this fact (wiringSerial.c:95)
>
>     options.c_cc [VMIN]  =   0 ;
>     options.c_cc [VTIME] = 100 ; // Ten seconds (100 deciseconds)
>
> The effect is that the emulator will be blocked and no other processes may
> run (for up to 10 s)!
> (unless there are more cores than one (online))
> You may want to use driver_select. Should probably set the VTIME=0 to be
> sure.

Yes that's a very valid point, I noticed that while going through the
documentation yesterday. I've updated the documentation to state this
and also created an "issue" on github. Thanks for the reminder!

> A little plug:
> There is a project using threads to get some exotic uart features, a bit
> heavy, but is working (even on windows!)
> (Still lack documentation but has a simple api and is simple to use, nice
> packeting options for example)
> https://github.com/tonyrog/uart

Looks nice.

Thanks,