[erlang-questions] (Non)Parametrized modules, inheritance, and R15B02 issues?

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Mon Oct 8 14:56:32 CEST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Gordon Guthrie <gordon@REDACTED> wrote:
> We use Mochiweb which makes extensive use of them.

Are you sure? What I have understood from previous email
messages on this list is that many projects use "tuple modules"
(which is an implementation detail in parameterized modules)
and not parameterized modules directly. See for instance:

http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2012-January/063915.html

We are thinking about removing the compiler support for parameterized
modules, but keeping the low-level mechanism in erlang:apply/3 and
the inheritance hack in the error_handler module.

> So is the general advice that everybody should migrate away from Mochiweb?

No, it is not. It is a recommendation to think twice about using
experimental fetures when writing new code or fixing old code.