[erlang-questions] Erlang http servers

Dave Cottlehuber dch@REDACTED
Fri Oct 5 17:37:20 CEST 2012

On 5 October 2012 16:36, David Mercer <dmercer@REDACTED> wrote:
> Does Cowboy work on Windows?  I ask because I went to download it and give it a whirl, but the first line of the Quick Start section says to use Rebar, which does not work on Windows.  Please advise.  Thank-you.

Just to confirm, rebar *does* work on Windows, even for compiling
NIFs. Obviously the C code needs to support an appropriate compiler in
the first place, but that's not rebar's fault. So far I have built via
rebar snappy, ejson, jiffy, erica, and a whole plethora of other tools
& projects, without needing a special unix shell, just erlang & rebar.
Many thanks to Basho & Tuncer for making that possible.

Loïc, I'll give cowboy a whirl on Windows sometime next week & will
send an issue or patch if reqd.

A+
Dave