[erlang-questions] Probably a dumb eunit question

Rudolph van Graan <>
Mon Oct 1 12:40:19 CEST 2012

I have one test case that fails because something it calls crashes. I see this output after running the test:

  Failed: 1.  Skipped: 0.  Passed: 0.

I know WHY it fails. The test consists of this single line of code:

If I change the assertMatch to assertError, I get the real reason for the crash:

     {expression,"app : install ( )"},
     {pattern,"{ error , ok , [...] }"},

My question is... what am I doing wrong so that I don't get the crash stack and details when I just use assertMatch(...) ?