[erlang-questions] tuple modules, or Set:to_list() is official?

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 09:34:14 CET 2012

Hello,

I just wrote sets:to_list(SomeSet), and stopped for a second. So does
this[1] really mean that these are equivalent, supported, and both right
ways to do the same work?

    set:to_list(SomeSet)
    SomeSet:to_list()

Is there an underlying message somewhere "if you can, you not
necessarily should?"

(I am aware that dialyzer will not understand me until R16, but this
doesn't concern me now).

Answer "go to hell" is also good. That way I will learn that some people
do hate it and will, and I don't mind programming in subset of Erlang
for the sake of common good (the same way I appreciate my colleagues
keeping 80 character line limit just for me).

[1]: http://www.erlang.org/news/35

Regards,
Motiejus