[erlang-questions] OTP Question

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@REDACTED
Thu Nov 22 15:21:27 CET 2012

Lucky -

Good question.

Based on my experience, the generic part and the specific part (i.e. callback functions) of an OTP behaviour are executed in the *same* process by *convention*.  This is a matter of convention and is a design choice that can be decided by the author of the behaviour's generic part.

regards,

Joe N.

p.s.  http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/des_princ.html#id69556