[erlang-questions] [ANN] Euthanasia – application for killing bottleneck processes

Dmitry Demeshchuk demeshchuk@REDACTED
Wed Nov 21 03:41:38 CET 2012

Hi, list.

I've recently faced several cases where you might want to kill your process
if its message queue grows way too large, or it starts occupying way too
much memory (and GC doesn't help around).

That's why I made this small application – rather a proof of concept, of
course, since in a lot of cases killing overloaded processes is
unacceptable. (But I actually left a way to do a lossless or nearly
lossless killing – via pre-kill hooks)

https://github.com/doubleyou/euthanasia

Should have done this for Spawnfest, but too late.

Have fun killing your processes.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Demeshchuk