[erlang-questions] Futures/promises and ability to "call" abstract modules

Dmitry Belyaev be.dmitry@REDACTED
Tue Nov 20 04:48:23 CET 2012

Erlang R15B01 (erts-5.9.1) [source] [64-bit] [smp:2:2] [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.9.1  (abort with ^G)
1> F = (fun() -> FM = fun(M, V) -> receive {value, Value} -> M(M, Value); {get, P} -> P ! V, M(M, V) end end, P = spawn(fun() -> FM(FM, undefined) end), fun() -> P ! {get, self()}, receive V -> V end end end)().
#Fun<erl_eval.20.82930912>
2> F().
undefined
3> element(2,lists:keyfind('P', 1, lists:flatten(element(2,erlang:fun_info(F, env))))) ! {value, 10}.
{value,10}
4> F().
10
5>