[erlang-questions] About Erlang system performance

Raoul Duke raould@REDACTED
Fri Nov 9 21:18:03 CET 2012

>> not people working on it? Erlang is attractive to me after several days
>> studying, but with great performance will be more attractive and
>> competitive to some languages such as go etc.

also -- i'd like to point out that:

* Haskell even comes with channels out of the box which can be used to
get Erlangish (i do stress the "ish" part :-) systems
* Jvm languages can use Akka, or JActor, or Groovy Actors (which also
have dataflow, which is potentially even better than actors).
* Clojure has agents, if you don't need to worry about turning it into
a distributed system.

etc.

there are lots of options these days. (which is both a good and a bad
thing. remember how many miles on the tires erlang has, that's a good
thing.)