[erlang-questions] R1502 ssl dropping byte(s)?

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Tue Nov 6 19:07:29 CET 2012

Hi!

I think you will be better of using active once but however see
comment below ...

2012/11/5, sasa <sasa555@REDACTED>:
> Thank you for the response.
>
> Obviously, active once should resolve my problem, and I will modify the
> code accordingly.
>
> In the meantime, I have resolved the issue by raising ssl:recv timeout to
> 15 seconds. In my environment this essentially means that timeout does not
> occur.
> I'd like to stress that in almost 2 years of production, I have never
> experienced this issue with R14.
> It is also very strange that I was always loosing first byte of the message
> and not more. Which still leads me to believe that some bug might have been
> introduced regarding passive sockets.

I agree that we could change the implementation of ssl:recv to handle
the timeout on the server side and avoid this problem and that is how
it should (TM) work! We will do that.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB