[erlang-questions] Distribution Carrier for Testing

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Nov 6 10:51:28 CET 2012

On 6 November 2012 09:18, Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> wrote:

> Has anyone done any work on an alternative distribution carrier
> which would simulate network problems?  I'd like to stress test
> a distributed application by introducing the sort of delays and
> disconnections which may occur in a real life wide area network.
>
> Alternatively can you point me at where I can hack the existing
> carrier top insert a random delay?

Isn't it better to simulate the network delays outside of Erlang? Otherwise
it wouldn't be a fair test. Have you considered using
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/netem ?

cheers
Chandru