[erlang-questions] R1502 ssl dropping byte(s)?

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Mon Nov 5 11:08:41 CET 2012

Hi!

The only thing that might have changed between R14 and R15 is the
timing so that this happens to you more often, but using a timeout to
recv can cause
you to sort of loose data  as you will not stop the recv of being
processed  by ssl, only cause recv to return early. This is much like
if you time out  a POST request to a webserver the request  may still
have reached the webserver and have been executed on the server side.
I  think that if you do not want to hang
in recv you should use active once instead passive receive (recv).

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB