[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Henning Diedrich hd2010@REDACTED
Mon Nov 5 04:42:45 CET 2012

On Oct 30, 2012, at 5:33 AM, Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

>> Here is an example:
>> I want to write a module in Turkish, then the  "length" id will be a
>> variable, not a function.
>
> What on earth are you talking about?  Lower case l is a lower case
> letter, whether you're writing English, Turkish, or Old High Martian.

My point, maybe Michaels in way, too, was this:

1> Iength = length.
length
2> Ienght.
* 1: variable 'Ienght' is unbound
3> length = Iength.
length
4> Iength.
length

Fun factor depends on font you're using.

"Yes, exactly" to your second and fifth thought.

I think it matters to minimize the number of things to watch out for.

Henning