[erlang-questions] managing OS processes

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Mon May 28 11:56:31 CEST 2012

On 28 May 2012, at 10:54, Michael Uvarov wrote:

>> os:cmd("kill -" ++ Signal ++ " " ++ OsPid)
> It is platform-dependent.
> And there is no way to convert Port into OsPid. Only way is to "ask"
> the OS program using stdio.
> "with the current open_port implementation" it is easy to call PHP or
> python to control processes :)

Yes absolutely - nobody is saying this is correct. We *clearly* need a proper way to handle sending signals. BTW someone mentioned off-list that the name erlexec clashes with a built in executable. Perhaps as well as forking the project, it would be a good idea to rename it.....