[erlang-questions] Record validation

Andrew Berman <>
Thu May 24 22:43:20 CEST 2012

I am looking at building something resembling Java's JSR-303 Bean
Validation.  I'm currently building annotations using
https://github.com/hyperthunk/annotations which can go on functions only.
 I was wondering if there is an event or some way of validating on the
actual record itself.  Is there some event published when something is
changed or set on a record?  Just curious if there is some kind of pre or
post-hook I can use on records themselves which would let me validate the
entire record any time it is changed or created.  Any thoughts on if this
is possible in any way?