[erlang-questions] mochiglobal vs ets vs registered process

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Tue May 22 21:02:20 CEST 2012

Hi Tomasz,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Tomasz Maciejewski <ponton@REDACTED> wrote:
> Dnia 22-05-2012 o 20:39:23 Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> napisał(a):
>
>> The test was to simply read a "global" value 1M times, after having
>> first initialized the facility. Times are of the "run" portion only
>> and do not include the "init" time.
>
> I see your test reading 1M times *the same* value. I'd rather see the test
> when you write and read 1M random keys/values. The single value could be
> cached spoiling the test.

Whatever caches are in play here, I *want* to test them.

This is not a data problem, it's an extensibility problem. This use
would only ever be reading a small number of values.

Garrett