[erlang-questions] Question/Alternative on Frames Proposal [Warning: Long]

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Mon May 21 14:15:40 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 19/05/2012, at 8:57 AM, Garrett Smith wrote:
>>
>> I apologize, this is somewhat off topic and not an answer to your question...
>>
>> But does anyone know where the Frames proposal stands vis-a-vis the
>> OTP team's work on hashes?
>
> I'm not sure what you are asking.  The paper that you mentioned made it
> quite clear that they were NOT experimenting with frames or anything in
> the same area of design space.

Richard, I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

That's a PDF of presentation slides from 2011 User Conf-- it lists
"frames" in the title and as a input to their process.

I read the document as a status update on their work, listing some
performance results from various data structures.

The "Conclusion and way forward" slide seems open ended.

In any event, is not relevant to any discussion here what the OTP team
is actually working on? Is this is a blip of interest in a decade old
proposal that has no shot of getting into the language?

Garrett