[erlang-questions] ct_run and long nodenames

Daniel Schutte daniel@REDACTED
Sun May 20 18:35:59 CEST 2012

Hi, (sorry if this is a repost - my previous message looks like it got lost)

I have been unsuccessfull in trying to run ct_run to execute tests against
another node (mercury@REDACTED) - initiated with a long node
name.

I keep on getting the following message:

=ERROR REPORT==== 19-May-2012::16:22:39 ===
** System NOT running to use fully qualified hostnames **
** Hostname greyowl.thebluegroup.co.za is illegal **

Node communication works fine for all other nodes and I notice ct_run starts
up only with a short nodename, when I execute ct_run and it displays the
helpfile.

Hosts file checked and fine, and both short and long hostnames configured and
can be ping-ed.

I did try to add the tuples described in test_server into my config file but
that had no effect that I could see.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve it, will be appreciated.

--
DANIEL SCHUTTE | CHAIRMAN
| T  +27 11 475 1639 | C  +27 82 808 5490 | F  +27 86 583 7467 |