[erlang-questions] windows

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Sun May 13 22:51:37 CEST 2012

On 13 maj 2012, at 20:56, Jesse Gumm wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> I spent a lot of time fighting with Windows (Mingw/Msys), Rebar, and
> Erlang to get them all playing nicely together well to generate a
> decent windows release for Nitrogen, and it works pretty reliably now.
>
> You can use my instructions for compiling Nitrogen as a basis for
> getting your stuff working:
> https://github.com/nitrogen/nitrogen/blob/master/rel/overlay/win/README.md

Thanks

Installing the (very full installer) msysgit worked
 (have not tried all fancy features of rebar yet)
I also stumbled on that I had written a special spec:

	      {"(win32)","priv/dthread_drv.dll",
	       ["c_src/dthread.c", "c_src/dthread_drv.c"]},

The string "priv/dthread_drv.dll" had the effect that the driver was named ".dll" so
I had some problem finding it :-) using "priv/dthread_drv.so" fixed it (strange ?)

Now it loads and runs under both mingw (msysgit) and werl

/Tony