[erlang-questions] [ANN] Functional Summer School

Fabrice Nourisson fabrice.nourisson@REDACTED
Fri May 11 10:36:34 CEST 2012

Hi Olivier,

Have you plan to do a Haskell lounge (or FPLounge or Erlounge or ...)
during those 2 weeks ?
I live not far the course location. And for once that functional
programmers are in the corner I would be interested to meet them.

Fabrice

--
Fabrice Nourisson
ExtremeForge <http://extremeforge.com>

On 10/05/2012 11:31, Olivier BOUDEVILLE wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With our colleagues of CEA and INRIA, we are organizing a summer
> school focusing on "Functional Programming for Parallel and Concurrent
> Applications".
>
> It is to take place from June 11 to June 22, in south of France. A few
> seats are still available.
>
> The implementation language we selected is Haskell, but it may be
> nevertheless of interest to the Erlang community, as a main purpose is
> to emphasize on how the functional approach is to improve the way we
> manage concurrency challenges.
>
> Moreover there will be at least a few Erlang developers in the
> audience, and we will have the pleasure to listen there to a short
> talk given by Joe Armstrong himself!
>
> All details are available on
> http://www-hpc.cea.fr/SummerSchools2012-CS.htm
>
> Best regards,
>
> Olivier.
> ---------------------------
> Olivier Boudeville
>
> EDF R&D : 1, avenue du Général de Gaulle, 92140 Clamart, France
> Département SINETICS, groupe ASICS (I2A), bureau B-226
> Office : +33 1 47 65 59 58 / Mobile : +33 6 16 83 37 22 / Fax : +33 1
> 47 65 27 13
>

> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le 'Message') sont
> établis à l'intention exclusive des destinataires et les informations
> qui y figurent sont strictement confidentielles. Toute utilisation de
> ce Message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute
> publication totale ou partielle, est interdite sauf autorisation expresse.
>
> Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce Message, il vous est interdit
> de le copier, de le faire suivre, de le divulguer ou d'en utiliser
> tout ou partie. Si vous avez reçu ce Message par erreur, merci de le
> supprimer de votre système, ainsi que toutes ses copies, et de n'en
> garder aucune trace sur quelque support que ce soit. Nous vous
> remercions également d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur par
> retour du message.
>
> Il est impossible de garantir que les communications par messagerie
> électronique arrivent en temps utile, sont sécurisées ou dénuées de
> toute erreur ou virus.
>
> This message and any attachments (the 'Message') are intended solely
> for the addressees. The information contained in this Message is
> confidential. Any use of information contained in this Message not in
> accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole
> or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
>
> If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or
> use any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please
> delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender
> immediately by return message.
>
> E-mail communication cannot be guaranteed to be timely secure, error
> or virus-free.

Fabrice Nourisson
Twitter : @duckmole <http://twitter.com/duckmole>