[erlang-questions] non-erlang SNMP Agents

João Henrique Freitas <>
Thu May 10 19:24:07 CEST 2012

I have the some problem.

My agents are net-snmp based. And I can't figure out how to change it.

I think that a small change in erlang snmp app to register a agent with
specific parameter to don't match the {Addr, Port} when Trap could be great.

Is it the way?

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Daniel Widgren <>wrote:

> Hi,
> I have some questions.
> I have a system where a non-erlang system sends snmp traps depending
> on what is going on.
> I have tried to set up a snmp manager on another computer to listen to
> these traps. When I do so I get:
> =INFO REPORT==== 12-Oct-2011::10:15:36 ===
> SNMPM default user callback received handle_agent:
> So SNMPM uses handle_agent instead of handle_trap and is wondering
> why? Is it because I use snmp_default_user?
> If so, how should I configure a user to listen to a non-erlang snmp
> system. Do I need a agent and is that agent the snmp system sending
> traps?
> Is it possible to listen to all traps that comes from a IP without specify
> port?
> regards,
> Daniel

João Henrique Freitas - joaohf_at_gmail.com