[erlang-questions] Is there a good source for documentation on BEAM?

Björn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Thu May 10 10:28:24 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:
[...]
> Joe's little document made it clear that
> (a) there are a lot more X registers allowed in Erlang that in
>    Quintus Prolog;
> (b) maintaining them is more expensive than in Quintus Prolog;
> (c) the nilling instructions I expected don't exist;
> (d) there is a (temporary) space leak: if register K is live
>    at an allocation point, all registers <= K are assumed to
>    be live.

There is not a temporary space leak in practice, because the compiler
will insert an instruction that will clear (set to NIL) each dead register
below K before any allocation point.