[erlang-questions] beginner: Is there an alternative to net_adm:ping/1 before global:sync/0

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Tue May 8 07:27:08 CEST 2012

Greetings,

Thanks for all the answers.

My interest in replacing net_adm:ping/1 stems from the comment
% Connect to resource manager node
that accompanies it.

If replaced by a connect_node/1 function call the comment can be
removed.

Also, perhaps somebody would have told me that while using global there
is a better way. It is easy to keep doing the same things that worked
last millennium, never switching to newer alternatives.

bengt