[erlang-questions] How do I capture the system pid of an OTP application?

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Sat May 5 04:03:57 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Parnell Springmeyer <ixmatus@REDACTED>wrote:

> I have an OTP application and a release generated. Now, the problem I'm
> having is capturing the operating system level PID that it is assigned
> on startup.
>
> Using pgrep isn't very useful because the process is listed as
> "[beam.smp]" and there are more than one OTP applications running on
> this system!

Well, there's os:getpid/0, you could write a pid file with that... or you
could run the process it in the foreground and manage the process with
something like daemontools, launchd, etc.

-bob