[erlang-questions] Frames proposal

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Tue May 1 19:29:10 CEST 2012

On 1 May 2012, at 19:19, Björn-Egil Dahlberg wrote:

> It is entirely possible we are fooling ourselves with a similar syntax and would be better off with a completely different syntax.

I'm in the camp of

- similar syntax indicates similar semantics
- different syntax indicates different semantics

…or something to that effect. Most importantly, I definitely agree that borrowing a syntax just because it's well-established, is a very bad idea if your intention is to give it different semantics from what one would expect.

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com