[erlang-questions] Support for newcomers and the popularity of Erlang

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Mar 30 11:08:39 CEST 2012

On 30 Mar 2012, at 01:44, Wojciech Knapik wrote:

> I have one more question though. I need replicating disc_copies, not
> ram_copies, so I need to create_schema(ListOfNodes). But what if a node
> wants to join in later ? Is it possible to intiate replicating the
> schema table from the node that joins in ?

You can start mnesia with {extra_db_nodes, KnownNodes]}. This will establish a ram-only schema on the current node, containing all meta-data about the database (assuming KnownNodes contains actual schema nodes). After starting, you can call mnesia:change_table_copy_type(schema, node(), disc_copies), to make the schema on the current node persistent.

BR,
Ulf W