[erlang-questions] erl using 99% CPU while idle

Frank Hunleth fhunleth@REDACTED
Tue Mar 27 19:19:06 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Frank Hunleth
<fhunleth@REDACTED> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had seen erl, specifically the
> erts-5.9/bin/beam process, run at 99% CPU while at the shell prompt.

Finally found the issue! This was caused by passing the
"--disable-threads" option to ./configure when compiling erlang.
Removing the option (the default is --enable-threads) and recompiling
fixes the problem.

One last question: Besides fixing the above issue, I'm a little
confused on what --enable-threads does for me. I see "[async-threads:
0]", so does that mean that even though they're enabled, they won't be
used by default?

Thanks,
Frank