[erlang-questions] Speed of CSV parsing: how to read 1M of lines in 1 second

Toby Thain toby@REDACTED
Sat Mar 24 04:07:02 CET 2012

On 23/03/12 9:03 AM, Tomasz Maciejewski wrote:
> W dniu 23 marca 2012 11:30 użytkownik Max Lapshin
> <max.lapshin@REDACTED>  napisał:
>> Currently I use fgets to read line by line from file. Maybe it is a
>> bad idea and I should use mmap or implement 1MB buffer for read?
>
> mmap is the fastest way to read lines is you don't much care about portability.

Even Windows offers mmap functionality. Of course machines without a MMU
will not, but that doesn't seem a likely venue for this operation (they
probably won't have fast disks and network either :)

--Toby