[erlang-questions] conf. mgt. tools?

Tilman Holschuh tilman.holschuh@REDACTED
Tue Mar 20 23:12:26 CET 2012

Hi Miles,

We use Chef and self contained releases built with rebar. This way you
don't have to install Erlang on the production machines. Our CI server
(jenkins) builds the releases with the installed Erlang version. We
deploy a package with a chef recipe and have it put everything in place
(config files, etc). We don't do hot-upgrades.

Most of the work is getting the self contained release (the riak rebar
config on github helps to get an idea). The rest is typical chef
shenanigan.

Cheers
- Tilman