[erlang-questions] ODBC Connectivity with Netezza

Avinash Dhumane avinash@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 11:49:01 CET 2012

We have an integration glue application in Erlang (on Windows) that
connects to heterogeneous data sources SQL Server, AS/400, and Netezza via
ODBC application provided in the standard Erlang distribution. While the
drill works perfectly for SQL Server and AS/400, Netezza is encountering
following connectivity problem:

Erlang R14B02 (erts-5.8.3) [smp:2:2] [rq:2] [async-threads:0]

Eshell V5.8.3  (abort with ^G)
1> odbc:start().
ok
2> odbc:connect("DSN=NZSQL;UID=TEST;PWD=TEST", []).
{error,"[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified SQLSTATE IS: IM002 Connection to database
failed."}
3>

Microsoft help link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms711810(v=vs.85).aspx
says:

      If the data source name cannot be found or ServerName is a null
pointer,
      and the default data source specification does not exist, the Driver
Manager
      returns SQL_ERROR with SQLSTATE IM002 (Data source name not found and
      no default driver specified).

Obviously, this is not the case with our setup. We tried with both "User
DSN" and "System DSN" in Windows "ODBC Data Source Administrator" tool,
but the same error persists in both the cases.

Does Netezza require different connection string?

Please advise.

Thanks
Avinash

PS: We have NetezzaSQL driver (NSSQLODBC.DLL) version 4.06.05.10119
installed on the Windows box that runs the Erlang application.