[erlang-questions] [ANN] Erlang UUID

james james@REDACTED
Sun Mar 11 22:27:02 CET 2012

 > There are two sides to every story.  A good link to some discussion
of pro-GPL versus pro-BSD can be found here:
 >The GPL license is conducive to liberating software.
 >The BSD license is conducive to liberating people.

How is this relevant?  I don't like the GPL.  So what?

What you said is simply wrong.  What you said is:

 > This is a little misleading.  You can never sell anything that
contains GPL software

Whether BSD or GPL is better in some way (or even in every way) is not
relevant at all to whether you have materially misrepresented what GPL
requires, and is simply diversion.

Which clause of the GPL justifies your statement?  They are numbered, it
should be straightforward for you to identify the one you think has this
effect.

I think its bad to let a clearly erroneous statement go unchallenged and
fester malignantly in the archives for posterity.

James