[erlang-questions] binary strings and interspersing erlang variables

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Fri Mar 9 23:57:50 CET 2012

You might want to consider creating a iolist, i.e.
[<<"html">>,Port,<<"</html>">>].

Most if not all output interfaces allow you to mix lists and binaries
like this. This makes it more elegant to generate complex structures
(imo) and possibly faster as well as you do not combine the binaries
until just before sending it over the socket.

Lukas