[erlang-questions] Record field position number?

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo@REDACTED
Fri Mar 9 16:34:37 CET 2012

You could use the following module that contains a parse transform for what
you need:

https://github.com/jcomellas/mlapi/blob/master/src/dynarec.erl

When you include it in a module it will automatically create the functions
that you need to access the records and fields defined in your module by
name. To include it in the module where you have defined the records you do:

-compile([{parse_transform, dynarec}]).

The functions that will now be available are:

get_value(field_name, Record) ->
    Record#record_name.field_name.

set_value(field_name, Value, Record) when is_record(Record, record_name) ->
    Record#record_name{field_name = Value}.

records() ->
    [record_name1, record_name2, ...].

fields(record_name) ->