[erlang-questions] Reading a file before it has been completely written

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Wed Mar 7 19:30:06 CET 2012

On 03/07/2012 07:08 PM, David Mercer wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 07, 2012, Richard Carlsson wrote:
>
>> Hey, a user! I haven't had any reports about this module before (and
>> the
>> fact that it's still in my development branch of eunit is more of a
>> historical accident; it's not shipped with OTP). I don't know of any
>> real issues with it though.
>
> It works fine.  If you know of a better one, I'd be OK switching.  This was
> just the one that came up when I Googled.

No, I think it's pretty good and I don't know any other portable
implementation. I'd just like to add optional inotify support (and
whatever it's called on Windows) on supported platforms. Right now it
only works by polling. Which is actually good enough in a lot of cases.

    /Richard